Tuesday 28 April 2015

Project share: With Vera Lane digi images



Hello my lovelies, today I have a quick project to share with you. I made this card using a Vera Lane digi image. You can shop for it here. Vera lane studio's etsy shop is an online shop that sells digital images for your use in mixed media art projects. The images are made by the very talented Janet Klein who also designs rubber wood mounted stamps for the company stampotique. Search their images here.

First I  applied cracked pistachio and tattered lace distress inks directly to my craft sheet, spritzed with water, and ran a piece of card through.

Then I grabbed various stencils and made designs roughly all around it. I like to use transparent paints so I can see the layers underneath.  I then thought the girls dress was fading in the background to much so I white washed a bit of Victorian velvet and white gesso behind where the image would be placed.

I then used tuxedo blue fresco paints and a lid to a spray can to form the circles.

I put some washi tapes in the upper right hand corner and under the image to anchor it.

 Then I went around the card with a fine liner pen first making straight lines. Then over some of the straight lines with squiggles and circles.



To colour in the image I used copic markers and  Ranger distress stickles for the bow and flowers. I then stuck the image on the page with glossy accents (its what I had handy), cut out the words "Focus on the good in life" and stuck them to the card as well.



I then mounted that all onto a brown 6"x6" card base.

I really like all of Janet's images in her online shop . I think because they are so fun to colour in and I am a big kid at heart.You will definitely be seeing more of these images on my blog to come. So come check back in soon!

                                                                             Always, -Kass








6 comments: